Satay Club 1950s Singapore recreated in pixel art game

Here is another update to my game Satay Club. I try to picture the place as how I have gathered from my readings and poring through old photos in the national archives and other places. Click the picture to enlarge it.


A good picture reference would be this awesome photograph from the 1950s.


Notice that there are buses nearby. The Tay Koh Yat bus depot was here right next to Satay Club so a lot of exhaust smoke wafting through the air. No one seemed to mind eating street food like this back then. The people in these photos seemed to be really enjoying their satay!

The actual place was not very well lit, save for the lights coming from those buses that you see in the picture. These people pictured here most probably came here to eat after watching a movie at the New Alhambra Theatre which was just a few steps away.

The graphics I have created thus far are not yet complete. More to come soon.

Comments

Popular Posts